(This is where you should imagine me waving and smiling and standing there in an awkward “should I hug or shouldn’t I hug?” stance).
I’m a hugger but I don’t like to come across as a weirdo so meeting new people launches me into one of my uncomfortable-over-thinker modes. It ain’t pretty, so let’s just hop over the awkward and cut to the chase, alright?
I’m Jen. I’m a real-life mom from the suburbs of New York City (Westchester if you want to get more specific) with messy, opinionated children and a man-child for a husband (I mean, he wears Crocs with socks).
I write about motherhood—the good, the bad, and the straight up ugly—with honesty and humor.
It’s my mission to provide you with camaraderie and comic relief, leaving you feeling better than you did before you read any of my pieces.
This, my friends, is what we call a judgment-free zone. I don’t take myself too seriously and I don’t think you should either. Life is a lot more enjoyable when we can laugh at ourselves and be nice to each other. There’s no one right way to be a mother, so let’s help each other find what works best for us.
So, what sort of posts will you find here? Well, I’m glad you asked!
If you have a problem, yo, I’ll solve it
Cheesy 90s jokes aside, I like to help a momma out. Whether you need help with child-wrangling, inspiration for your home or a gift guide to help you pick out the perfect present, I have posts that will help. Here are a few of my favorites:
- 50+ Indoor Activities for Kids
- 40 Free Lunchbox Jokes Guaranteed to Make Your Kids Giggle
- 7 Awesome Shelfies
- Cupcake Wars Birthday Party
- DIY Green Cleaning Recipes
- Like a Mother | Raising Kind Humans
- Like a Mother | 8 Sneaky Ways to Save Money
Essays that address mom life and sometimes make you giggle
I believe in being honest and raw, but I also want to leave you feeling like you’ve got this (rather than swimming in a black hole of misery). My essays generally tackle issues that all moms have faced at one point or another. I hope they leave you feeling better understood and less alone (or at least saying, phewwww, at least I’ve got this motherhood thing down better than this girl!).
- Lessons from a Decade of Motherhood
- Dads Don’t “Watch” Their Kids
- 5 Times Daniel Tiger Was Speaking Directly to Moms
- 7 Mornings
- Bikini Bans Are Bullshit
- Anxiety Is My Archnemesis
- Everyone’s An Expert
- Perception is Magic
- Great Wolf Lodge… without pants
Book recommendations for kids and grownups
We’re unapologetic book nerds over here and we love to share our favorite reads with anyone who will listen. Whether you’re looking for something new for your nightstand or the perfect book for the kid in your life, we’ve got you covered.
- Children’s Books That Celebrate Girl Power
- A Hands-On Book That Will Get Your Kids Excited About Science
- Our Favorite Audio Books for Kids
- 8 Books I Need to Read
- 30 Picture Books Your Family Is Guaranteed to Love
- Favorite Read Aloud Books
- Life-Changing Magic… And Shit
Who is the mom behind the blog?
While I said hello at the top, I didn’t really tell you anything about me (I’m really good at deflecting attention away from myself). But if you’re going to stick around for a while, you probably want to know a thing or two about the girl who is writing.I’m a big-time word nerd (I would sit and sculpt little stories all day long if my ninja first grader and perennially bored 11-year old weren’t around to drag me out of my trance). I’m obsessed with chocolate, sarcasm, cute and comfy shoes, and my daughters’ giggles.
I’m a big-time word nerd (I would sit and sculpt little stories all day long if my ninja first grader and perennially bored 11-year old weren’t around to drag me out of my trance). Aside from blogging, I work from home as a freelance writer. Most of my writing deals with parenting and women’s issues, but I also do marketing writing and editing for businesses. I’m obsessed with chocolate, sarcasm, cute and comfy shoes, and my daughters’ giggles.
I’m obsessed with chocolate, Netflix binges, and my daughters’ giggles. I prefer bare feet and am really good at remembering everything I wanted to tell my husband just as he’s about to fall asleep.
Where else can you find me?
Well, first you can join my little tribe to make sure you don’t miss a thing… and to be the first to know about exclusives and the occasional freebie. I take care of my peeps. 😉
I’ve contributed and guest posted on a lot of different sites including Glamamom, NY Metro Parents, thredUP blog, Mamalode, BonBon Break, BlogHer, Blunt Moms, Ready for Zero, A Glimpse Inside, Simply Designing, and Red Tricycle.
Westchester Magazine named me one of Westchester’s best bloggers—but I don’t let that get to my head. I still put my bra on one arm at a time and I still have as many mom fails as you do. 😉
- I’m always on the prowl for fun new projects! I love emails so feel free to drop me a line. For writing projects, giveaways, product reviews, advertising inquiries or messages of love you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Check out my Facebook page, where I regularly post memes that make me chortle at inopportune times.
- I’m Instagram obsessed. When my husband notices me staring into my phone, completely engrossed, he always asks who I’m stalking on Instagram. The answer is usually ALL OF THE PEOPLE.
- I’m addicted to Pinterest (#sorrynotsorry) if you are looking for projects to do with your kids or home decor ideas you’ll never get around to actually doing anything about, follow me there!
- I’m also on Twitter, which I promise I’m really trying to be better at.