- Maybe it’s all the festival-inspired fashion creeping up everywhere, but I’ve been drawn to big, drapey, open-front cardigans lately. I’m kind of feeling this one, but the backlash from my husband would be out of control.
- A middle school teacher emailed me a week or so ago to tell me about Chummies, the friendship bracelet line she started with a fellow teacher. Aimed at acceptance, inclusion and anti-bullying, these cute interlocking bracelets can be zipped into perfect pairs and a portion of all the profits go to anti-bullying organizations. They also have a Kickstarter campaign going on in an attempt to expand their line and their message. I know it’s a cause I can get behind!
- I never would have thought of this, but these cake stencils by Sophia Victoria Joy are the cutest.
- Also pretty adorable is this glammed up garden gift basket idea—perfect for spring!
Around the web:
- I totally needed this advice this week.
- I’m making it my mission to try this (gluten free and vegan!) chocolate chia pudding next week.
- You know I’m all about green cleaning, right? Alternatives to bleach have been on my list of things to figure out for a while now and Nourishing Joy has both the homemade bleach recipes and the facts to back up their effectiveness to make me go for it.
- Peanut butter chocolate smoothie bowl? Yes, please.
- This post from my pal Jackie sounds like the plot of a Ryan Gosling movie. Jackie and her love were traveling around Big Sur and ended up staying in a cabin for a couple of nights. They found a notebook on the bookshelf that was filled with stories from people who had stayed in the cabin before them and stayed up all night reading it. So cool.
I’m taking next week off from blogging to recharge and hang with the girls while Sam is on break (read: nothing will get done so why stress and fight it?). I’ll still be around on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram (and Twitter… when I remember). I’m hoping to come back fresh and bursting with new ideas. Have a great week!