Before we get started with our normal Friday Faves extravaganza, I wanted to share some of the photos from our Citrus Lane book club giveaway! A few of the girls in our Paperback Posse shared photos of themselves reading this month’s book on Facebook and Instagram:
Thanks for playing, ladies! I wish you could all win a little something, but I only have one
(fantastic) Citrus Lane box to give away this morning.
Picking the winner was very scientific. It included a small bucket, scraps of paper, and a (super cute) three year old. And our winner is:
For anyone not familiar with Citrus Lane, it’s an award-winning subscription box for wee ones. Here’s a look at what’s inside the one I’m giving away:
It includes: a wet bag from Bumpkins, a puzzle from Mudpuppy, a zoo straw bottle from Skip Hop, Mighty 4 bars from Plum Organics, and a special offer from Third Love. Pretty awesome stuff—plus I love that there are discount codes for some of the products included in case you fall in love and need more.
I love subscription boxes and may or may not be gifting Citrus Lane boxes to some of the cute little boogers in my life for upcoming birthdays and holidays. 😉 They also have baby shower boxes, which is a pretty adorable idea if I do say so myself.
And on to Friday’s normal routine…
- This handmade Frida Kahlo pillow is amazing.
- I want this cute little cardigan in my size!
- You know I like objects that “talk”—t-shirts, bags, whatever. I love em. These pumpkins are just my style.
- These little guys are adorable—and perfect to keep in mind for the holidays. Budsies takes kids artwork and turns them into custom plush toys. My girls would love this!
Around the interwebs:
- I was listening to This American Life while I was driving to the grocery store last weekend (like you do) and caught the story of 11-year old entrepreneur Asia Newson and her company SuperBusinessGirl. Pretty freakin inspiring.
- Taking full advantage of your kids most useful features—be ready to snortle.
- I am seriously intrigued by essential oils.
In case you missed it:
- I shared some clean eating after school snack ideas—to keep my kids healthy but also to encourage myself to stop stuffing chocolate in my face.
- Handmade talking t-shirts would be an awesome way to keep my (clueless) husband on top of my moods.
- As you can see from the pictures above, our virtual book club is off and running! We’ve got a small but lively Paperback Posse on Facebook and we’ve all been LOVING this month’s pick. It’s never too late to jump in on the action, so check it out if you’re intrigued. No stress, fun giveaways and good conversation.
- NY Metro Parents featured me in their Top Tweets of the Week.
- I’m thinking about starting a weekly(ish) newsletter that includes a roundup of the week’s posts, special discount codes, and other fun stuff. If you’re interested, you can sign up here.