- myfitnesspal is my new BFF. I’m in love. I’ve been working out regularly since February but have seen very little results in the whole pound lossage department (yes, I’ve decided that’s a word). Enter this free app (that I’m not getting paid to talk about) and my whole world has changed. Portion control and mindless snacking has always been my major issue and this little guy has taken care of that. It’s like a digital food diary that does all of the calculating for you. It has made a major difference for me—but it won’t change much if you’re not serious about it.
- I need this mug as a reminder to everyone—including myself.
- Another talking DIY to add to the list off things that I love.
- I feel like I’m back in third grade again. I need these Keds. Only I’m not feeling the laces. Maybe black?
Around the interwebs:
- Amy from Carriage Before Marriage wrote a post for Mom.me about bedtime with her preschooler that is eerily similar to what bedtime with mine looks like—and honestly, I wouldn’t do it any other way.
- Sometimes weird posts like this one on classic movies and their alter ego chairs (not a typo) make me really happy.
- I always want to do a cat eye when I’m putting on my eyeliner and can never get it right. I’m trying these tips next time.
- Beards and babies. Yes, please.
- Mommy Shorts’s #pickyeatersclub makes me feel so much better about life.
- Coffee + Crumbs is my new favorite website. And this post says it all.
In case you missed it:
- I wrote an essay about the savior complex I just can’t shake.
- I cheered myself up with a silly talking t-shirt DIY.
- I shared the second half of my reimagining of The Princess and the Pea.
If you haven’t subscribed yet, please do! I’ve got a weekly-ish newsletter in the works that will be chock full of goodness—including discount codes that will be lifesavers come the holidays!