30 Picture Books Your Family is Guaranteed to Love
We’re big, fat book nerds over here. Through weekly trips to the library and countless hours spent with stacks of books at our local bookstores, my girls and I have read a whole lot of children’s books. Some were sweet. Some were laugh-out-loud funny. Some made me scratch my head and wonder how the hell they ever got published.
Through the years we have cultivated a list of favorites. We consider them classics. Some have been around longer than I have. Others aren’t as old as my preschooler. But all of them have helped make my girls excited, voracious readers.
I put together a list of 30 of our favorite children’s books and made a fun little printable library card to help track your reading. Just enter your email below and the printable (along with a list of links to each of the books) will be delivered directly to your inbox!
We read a lot of books. If you’re interested in others that we love, make sure you check out my #kidslitpick hashtag on Instagram, my monthly On Our Bookshelf series, and take a look at some of these old posts.
Some of our favorite must-read children’s books:
- 8 of the Best Children’s Books of 2017
- Children’s Books That Celebrate Girl Power
- 5 Fantastic Children’s Books That Teach Resilience
- 10 Great Children’s Books Starring African American Characters
- How to Start Your Children’s Book Advent Calendar
- A Hands-On Book That Will Get Your Kids Excited About Science
- 7 Kids Books That Will Make You Crave Outdoor Adventures
- Funny Poetry Books for Kids
- Read Aloud Chapter Books for Young Kids
- Comparing Goldilocks
- Earth Day Books for Kids
- Family Favorite Children’s Books
- Favorite Read-Aloud Books
- Les Petits Fairytales
- Children’s Books for Sick Days
- Best Kids Halloween Books
- Author Spotlight: Mo Willems
- Favorite Toddler Books
- Children’s Books That Adults Love
Now, if I’ve missed one that you consider an absolute classic, don’t be afraid to call me out on it. In fact, I want you to! Maybe it was an oversight that will leave me slapping my forehead in shame. Maybe I haven’t discovered it yet. Either way, I want to know about it!