You know how I said September always feel like January to me? Well it’s not just clean notebooks and cute office supplies that I’m looking for. I’m also looking to break any bad habits we’ve slipped into over the course of the summer—like over indulging in deliciousness.
At the start of the summer I was all gung ho about getting into a healthy eating routine for both myself and the girls. Well, a few too many lunches out and froyo treats side railed that just a teeeeeny bit (and by teeny bit I mean a lot).
I really want to flush the processed foods out of our lives. At least mostly. Mac and cheese is probably here to stay, no matter how hard I try. But if I can start by offering them after school snacks that are clean and healthy, I’m hoping it will slowly bleed into other mealtimes.
Here are twenty clean eating after school snacks that are totally doable with a little bit of preparation.
- hummus with carrots or homemade tortillas
- apples with peanut butter and shredded coconut (optional melted dark chocolate)
- trail mix or granola
- banana with peanut butter and Rice Krispies
- popcorn (we air pop ours and sprinkle it with salt and coconut oil)
- veggies with homemade ranch dip
- frozen grapes
- banana coconut cookies (only two ingredients!)
- Greek yogurt with fruit and honey
- turkey roll ups
- peanut butter apple dip
- sweet potato chips
- baked carrot fries
- roasted chickpeas
- homemade peanut butter cups (layer melted chocolate with peanut butter)
- quinoa protein bars
- frozen banana dipped in chocolate with crushed nuts
- cereal bars (this chocolate cherry one sounds delicious)
- banana chips
Looking for more ideas? Check out my Clean Eating Snack Ideas post.