- Big Little Lies is so good. It’s our book club pick this month and a bunch of the girls are already finished with it and starting a second book. I still have a little over 100 pages to go and am staying up way too late getting lost in it. It’s one of those stories that gets more intense as it slowly unravels. I’m loving it.
- Stupid name aside, I’m also in love with my Vegetti. Zucchini fritters and veggie pasta and thinly sliced carrots, oh my!
- This girl. This girl. She’s killing me and is seriously lucky she is so stinking adorable. If you don’t follow me on Instagram you’re missing out on the ways she drives me mad—and how she makes up for it with overwhelming sweetness. There’s also plenty of pictures of her big sister’s killer fashion sense.
- Cute yet creepy is not exactly the easiest thing to pull off, but these spider cupcakes nailed it. Better yet, the step-by-step instructions make it sound so easy.
Around the interwebs:
- Jennifer Lawrence is awesome. What she has to say about the disgusting photo hacking scandal she found herself in the middle of makes me love her even more.
- This post, entitled My Housekeeper Thinks I’m Bringing Sexy Back: A Mortifying, Not-Quite-Kinky Tale, made me laugh really hard.
- Another post whose title tells you you’re going to laugh: My boobs are too big (and other reasons yoga’s not for me).
- I found this post on shifting expectations instead of lowering them really interesting.
- This customizable cookie stamper is so cool. I can’t stop thinking about all of the inappropriate, snarky messages I could stamp on cookies this holiday season.
In case you missed it:
- I showed off some apple picking pictures because that’s what one does in the fall.
- I also talked about the farm we went to and a great spot for leaf peeping in the Hudson Valley over on Wee Westchester.
- Bad Dad showed his face and told off common core math.
- I shared some more of the hilarious things my kids have said and I’m hosting a contest with a fun prize for anyone who shares things their kids have said.