Things have been a little bit slow in my little corner of the internet this week. I’m trying to play catch up on a whole lot of freelance work and two snow days and a flat tire thrown into the mix have totally messed with my work flow.
That said, I don’t have many favorites to share with you today. This weeks favorites are mostly the non-material kind. Snuggles on the couch with my babies. Sister hugs. The feeling you get after not bailing on a workout session. You know, the feely things.
Instead of four picks, I’m giving you this (short) video my friend linked to on Facebook (thanks Rena!):
I mean, yes. Thank you, Ira Glass. Sometimes a girl needs this sort of reminder. And by a girl I mean this girl.
Things I’m loving from around the internet:
- Great tip for keeping your indoor plants alive if you have a black thumb like me.
- Read this before opening your big fat mouth to talk about another person’s family. Having two girls, I have heard all of it. The most offensive to me was when it was implied that I must have been heartbroken when I found out Ellie was going to be a girl. Um, no.
- This brutally honest post about addiction and Philip Seymour Hoffman’s death is a powerful reminder that addiction is a disease, not something to climb onto your high horse about.
- I need to make one of these handmade wire headbands my own. I’m thinking the stripes/polka combo.
- Have you heard of this cool trick (har har) to stretch shoes out that are a little too tight? Pinterest wins again.
Have a great weekend! 🙂