So, this post is a little sparse this week because… well, life.
I’ve been beating myself up a bunch for being unproductive, which is kind of ridiculous. I’ve tackled a lot of little home and life tasks this week, which has made it nearly impossible to get work tasks done—which, in turn, makes me a crazy person who can quickly flip the switch and do all work stuff and no home stuff. This is equally ridiculous.
I guess I’m just struggling for a bit of balance this week. But aren’t we all?
Here are a few of my favorite links from around the internets…
- Possibly the greatest combination of babies and television in the history of ever.
- 20 strangers making out for the first time for a clothing ad. Both awkward and awesome all at once.
- Design mom has a roundup of pretty spectacular coloring books on her blog this week. Perfect for long car rides or waiting rooms. Also, I might steal them from my kids.
- I’m sure at least a few of you will think I’m completely insane for even considering to going to these lengths, but fringe streamers?! I’m totally making some for Ellie’s birthday.
- While we’re talking about things you might think I’m crazy for, I’ve been wanting to try out DIY coconut oil toothpaste and deodorant for a while now and I think Stephanie at Henry Happened finally convinced me to give it a whirl.
- As someone who constantly deflects questions about my blog or other work I do, this post on owning it really hit me.
- Mindy Kaling constantly has to defend herself—and I love her a little bit more every time she does.
- This post on things Sherry and John from Young House Love will re-do and do new for baby #2 should be helpful for first-time parents and parents having another little bundle.
In case you missed it:
- I sent out an invitation to the cool kid’s table… and no one answered (sad face).
- I collected all of my cleaning and organization posts into one (tidy) blog post to help you with your spring cleaning (or maybe help me with mine).
- I talked about the word bossy and how it can affect little ladies.
Also, don’t forget about the awesome deal Danielle from Pieces to Peaces is offering: 20% off with code “momtrepreneur”!