- I’m really hating winter right now. This happens pretty much every year as soon as we get through the holidays and into the new year. My friend Jackie has some tips on finding happiness. They’re especially useful for the coldest and darkest months.
- On the flip side? Poehler Vortex for. the. win.
- We don’t have a fireplace to cozy up and be all toasty next to, but that doesn’t make me any less obsessed with the idea. These awesome fireplaces on Design*Sponge have me craving one—even a fake one!
- Aside from having me yearning for warmth and happy things, this cold streak is kiiiiilling my hands. They’re red and cracked and all sorts of sore. The girls and I are on a DIY beauty kick after making some body scrub and bath bombs over winter break. Even the two year old is asking for the “scwubby stuff” when I mention bath time. I want to try this scrub from Petit Elefant out and I am all ears on ideas for soothing my poor hands. Not even my beloved coconut oil is cutting it!
- Totally unrelated to whining about the weather, but can we agree that internet trolls are the worst? This dad posted a picture of himself and his daughters and the backlash that came from it is so disappointing. And disgusting. Still, he took the negativity (which included all sorts of racist and sexist comments) and tried to spin it into a positive message.
That’s all for this week! Happy weekend and stay warm!