So everyone knows about Cyber Monday, but did you know that today is known as Giving Tuesday? It’s basically a day to give back and donate to charity (cough cough, my upcoming fundraiser would be an awesome one to contribute to. cough).
Since a lot of us are still taking advantage of the fabulous cyber deals going on this week and since I’ve decided to make this week a Gift Guide-filled bonanza, I thought it would only make sense to put together a list of holiday gift ideas that give back in some way.
- A pom pom pouch, handmade and fairly traded from El Sol Maya, a women’s organization from Guatemala.
- A FEED friendship pouch provides 10 school meals.
- This large palace blue rain basket was handwoven in Rwanda.
- PeaceBomb buys back undetonated bombs in Laos and turns them into bracelets. For every product sold, Project PeaceBomb donates funds equivalent to the cost of clearing 1 to 15 square meters of land.
- 100% of the proceeds of Noodle & Boo’s Believe honey bar goes to the Circle of Love Campaign to raise awareness and funds for the Prevention of mother-to-child transmission of HIV/AIDS programs in Africa.
- TOMS are not only comfy, but each purchase results in a pair of shoes being given to a child in need.
- Can you believe the beads in this bracelet are made from recycled paper?! Not only is it incredibly eco-friendly, but each piece of jewelry is made by a woman in Uganda who is empowered by 31 Bits holistically through counseling, health education, finance training, and business mentorships.
- This comfy, slouchy hat is made in Peru and Uganda by women being provided jobs, education, and mentorship by Krochet Kids in order to lift themselves and their families out of poverty.
- 100% of net profits of US sales (up to $100,000) of this limited edition body moisturizer from Kiehls will go to Feeding America.
Now, I love a gift that gives back, but a charitable gift that is also pretty fabulous is a double win. I would like one of each, Santa.
Which one is your favorite?