Kids usually fall under two categories when it comes to buying gifts: insanely easy or completely impossible. The easy ones love everything and will be thrilled just to open something (that would be Ellie). The impossible ones have everything and are usually at in-between ages that make it difficult for even them to know what they like (that would be Samantha).
Since I have a wee bit of experience in these things, I thought I’d put together a list of fun and different gift ideas for kids that will be sure to excite all of the little boogers.
- The only thing Sam would like better than a diary is a diary she made herself. Love this idea!
- There’s not much that Ellie loves more than filling something up with her favorite toys and pushing it around the house. The little bunny on this walker makes it even cuter!
- A cute, portable matching game that’s different than any other they’ve seen before.
- These amazing pencils can be upcycled into plants. How cool is that?! Budding science geeks (like Sam) will be amazed.
- This is such a cool and different idea: kids actually get to build games before they play them.
- This fun doodle book prompts kids to draw on and around photos—great for inspiring creativity and for kids who like to feel like they’re skirting the rules. 😉
- I want my daughter to get this string art kit so that I can use it. #noshame
- These stacking robots and ninjas look like so. much. fun. I can see epic balance battles around these guys.
- Some kids play food is just crap. Squishy plastic that dents and easily loses shape. Cardboard that is almost immediately crushed. But Melissa and Doug’s wooden sets are awesome—and by far my favorites (and my kids’ too!). And this stir fry set? Super cute!
I love the diary too!! Great gift guide 🙂
Thanks Olivia! I picked up the diary for my daughter and am sort of wishing I picked up one for myself too! haha!