Hello lovelies! It’s time for the second installment in February’s Love Letters miniseries. Every Monday this month I’m featuring posts about love from some fabulous guest bloggers—and not all of them are the typical boy meets girl, cue fireworks kind of love story. Check out today’s post from the ladies at Short & Sweet blog for proof…
“Today I had a thought. What if I … what if I had never met you?” Carrie Bradshaw
Over on Short & Sweet Blog, we talk about our husbands, kids (Alexa), and dogs (Kirby & Alexa), but it’s clear that our girlfriends are also among the great loves of our lives. Before Carrie moves to Paris on Sex & the City, she has a final dinner with the rest of the girls, and asks them what would happen if she never met them. We don’t know where we’d be if we didn’t meet our girlfriends either. So this February 14 we are honoring our other great love story: with our girlfriends.
- They understand our feelings without a word being spoken.
- They believe that every once in a while, a glass of wine before 5pm is a necessity (and don’t judge).
- We can talk about a new pair of shoes, sleepless nights with an infant, and world news—all in 10 minutes.
- We have those phone calls where one of us needs to cry, and we go from sobbing to hysterical laughter.
- It’s always agreed upon that when we get wine we will get a cheese plate.
Images from top to bottom: Kirby with her bridesmaids on her wedding day, Kirby & Alexa, Alexa with her best girlfriends
About Kirby & Alexa:
Short & Sweet Blog launched in April 2010 with a focus on four categories: Decor (home design), Delish (food), Wear (fashion), and Wander (travel) and is run by California natives (and friends!) Kirby and Alexa.
Kirby Brooks Todd (Co-Editor) never tires of Seinfeld re-runs, believes that the book is usually better than the movie (unless Wes Anderson or Woody Allen is making the movie), and lives in Encinitas with her husband and their boxer, Puppy, Tank.
Alexa Evans (Co-Editor) enjoys cooking and drinking wine (preferably at the same time), historical novels, political debates, and collecting buckets full of flower petals, twigs and cool looking rocks with her toddle daughter and baby son.