Majestically Awkward: the podcast for socially awkward people by socially awkward people, that hopes to leave you just a little less awkward. No promises though. 😉
We’re going live early this week, as a tiny little present from us to you.
In this episode, we discuss New Year’s resolutions (although I can’t seem to call them anything but revolutions). Janine and I also roast Tim for his overuse of the word “alright,” his long rambling stories, and falling into a (seemingly endless) rabbit hole. Hilarity ensues.
In our Is This for Real? segment, Tim brings the revenge of the romance novel because we had so much fun playing the game with romance novels the last time (find the first time we played here), we had to do it again.
Lastly, we tell awkward stories about working in retail as teenagers.
As always, our show is not safe for kids. Our potty mouths flow freely and we discuss adult topics that I wouldn’t want my kids hearing.
Also, if you’d like to play along with us for our Is This for Real? segment, don’t scroll down until after you listen. There are spoilers ahead!
- 90s movies referenced: Dazed and Confused, Ladybugs, Scent of a Woman
- 2017’s most popular New Year’s Resolutions
- 25% of people don’t stick to their resolution for even two weeks
- It feels good to make a resolution, which can make people less likely to do anything about them
- Word of the year trend: on Instagram; mine for 2015 and 2017
- When a Beta Roars (A Lion’s Pride)
- Touched by an Angel
- Aroused by Two Lions
- Trapped in Time with the Lusty Pirate
- Hedging His Bets
- Shared by the Chocolate Milk Cowboys (the author’s bio: Hugo Award nominee Dr. Chuck Tingle is an erotic author and Tae Kwon Do grandmaster (almost black belt) from Billings, Montana. After receiving his PhD at DeVry University in holistic massage, Chuck found himself fascinated by all things sensual, leading to his creation of the “tingler,” a story so blissfully erotic that it cannot be experienced without eliciting a sharp tingle down the spine. Chuck’s hobbies include backpacking, checkers and sport.”)
- 90s songs referenced: Janet Jackson’s Control, Natalie Imbruglia’s Torn, Spice Girls’ Wannabe and:
Connect with us:
- Find us on Twitter @awkwardgals
- Snapchat: @awkwardgals
- Instagram: @awkwardgals
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Music is by the majestically awesome BRBRCK
- Looking for other episodes? Find Majestically Awkward podcast news here