Episode six is live and Janine and I are jumping right into the holiday spirit. We talk about holiday cards—whether we love them or hate them, when it gets weird, and whether or not they’re a complete waste of money. We also play another round of Is This for Real? This week’s topic: rap lyrics. And let me tell you, there are some really, really horrible ones but there are a couple of gems (ok, one real gem and a whole lot of ridiculous).
Last but not least, Janine shares the story of a night home alone that turned pretty freaking awkward.
As always, our show is not safe for kids. Our potty mouths flow freely and we discuss adult topics.
Also, if you’d like to play along with us for our Is This for Real? segment, don’t scroll down until after you listen. There are spoilers ahead!
If you liked what you heard, please subscribe, leave a review or share us with a friend (or, you know, all of your friends). You can listen to us wherever you get your podcasts: iTunes, Stitcher, Soundcloud.
- In case you’re wondering, today is National French Toast Day. To celebrate, check out my friend Ashley’s recipe for pumpkin pie stuffed French toast. You’re welcome. According to Mental Floss, it’s also National Red Planet Day—but that’s way less fun than breakfast for dinner.
- And, for the record, National Pumpkin Spice Latte Day is October 1st.
- A holiday cards DIY book idea
- Chillin’ with my hos Christmas card
- Insane Clown Posse “Miracles” video
- “Stompin through the forest…” (also, if you’ve never seen it, you should check out Popstar)
- The time there was an unmarked van in front of my house
- The gingerbread man pajamas Christmas card:
Connect with us:
- Find us on Twitter @awkwardgals
- Find us on Snapchat @awkwardgals
- Find us on Instagram @awkwardgals
- Email us at email@example.com
- Music is from the majestically awesome BRBRCK
- Looking for other episodes? Find Majestically Awkward podcast news here