via Pinterest (if you know the source, do tell!)
Your momma always told you to trust your gut, right? From whether or not it was a good idea to do whatever stupid things your friends were trying that week to talking to creepy strangers with candy and large vans. If it doesn’t feel right, it probably isn’t. Right?
But what if you really don’t like what your gut is telling you? What if it makes you hate your guts? What if you’d rather strap on some cowboy boots and ride a horse all day (even though we’ve established that they’re scary beasts to be avoided at all costs)? What if it makes you want to vomit and hide in the closet with a big fat jar of Nutella? What then?
Do you collect your bravery, close your eyes and take that step, blindly hoping for the best? Or do you tell your guts to shut it and go about your business?
What do you do? Are you a believer in going with your gut? Or do you ignore it?
While you ponder that, I’ve got a few of my favorite links from around the web for your weekend:
- Sandy may seem so last week to some, but for east coasters who are trying to rebuild it’s a major issue. Don’t forget about them now that they’re not splattered all over the news. This post shows some of the devastation and ways you can help.
- Surviving a power outage with a toddler. Hilarity ensues.
- A letter to Ryan Gosling from a suburban mom desperately trying to stalk him (more hilarity).
- Mother nature doesn’t seem to like the east coast right now. We just got hit by a nor’easter and it’s cold. I’d love to bundle up in this snood for my treks to the grocery store (with nine bags and kids in tow!).
- Since we’ve already established that I’m absolutely terrible at following cooking instructions, who wants to make me some chocolate cream puffs (found via Pinterest)? If there are no takers I’d gladly accept Spanakopita bites (also found via Pinterest) or the pretzels Gloria made this week. Any takers?