So today is the first official day of summer vacation in our house (the weekend doesn’t really count, does it?) and, uh, let’s just say we’re adjusting to our new schedule.
While we’re getting used to a little freedom (which actually sounds easier than it is with kids–especially if you have one who needs constant stimulation [cough, Samantha]), I thought I’d sit Sam down and make a list of some of the things we want to make sure we do this summer.
- Jumpin Jeepers: An indoor kid’s place space that’s great for rainy or super hot days… if you don’t mind a crowd.
- Bear Mountain: This state park overlooking NY’s Hudson River has a little zoo, lakes with paddle boats, a carousel, a pool and lots of little areas to picnic and explore.
- Bronx Zoo
- Movie night: The girls have been loving popcorn and movies in mommy and daddy’s bed lately. Not a whole lot of movie watching goes down, but they enjoy it thoroughly.
- Museum of Natural History
- Watch sunset over water: Samantha loves the water and she really wants to watch the sunset. One night we’ll have to take a trip down to the river and watch it set so she can tick it off her list.
- Go to the pool (a lot)
- Picnic: This can happen just about anywhere as long as there’s grass, a big blanket and some good snacks.
- Children’s museum
- Sleepover with her cousin
I always feel like putting our ideas into a list that we can physically check off helps us make sure we get them all done. If we don’t, September will roll around and we’ll remember five things that we really wanted to do that will have to get put off until next summer.
Do you have any musts on your summer to-do list? I’m always looking for things to keep my girls occupied, so share them in the comments!